A downloadable game for macOS
This project is on hold. I'd like to revisit it in the future using Unity's new Data Oriented Tech Stack.
I do not know what this game is about yet. For now, you can pickup a sword and bow, kill bats, destroy trees, build things, and get people to follow you around. From the Esc menu you can generate new levels.
# Design Overview
* AI. Characters have different sets of interests and priorities. Team affiliation and vocation affect interests. They observe the actions of others and have an affinity for each individual.
* Persistence. Changes are permanent. Environment is shaped over time by gameplay. Perma-everything.
* Special. You are not special. Play as another character when you die. Any given character is replaceable.
* 2D Gameplay. Camera slides between third-person view and birds-eye view. There is no jumping and all interactive objects lie on a flat plane.
* Story. It's a sandbox game. There is no story, just things you can do. You have no fate. You cannot "beat" the game.
* Stuff. This is not a game about accumulating lots of stuff. There are relatively few types of items in-game, each with a distinct purpose.
* Building. The less utility-like, the better. There is a sandbox mode. I need to decide how construction happens during play. The player could designate where to build and other characters handle construction.
* Limited UI. Prefer a diagetic UI. I spend most of my time in menus when playing action/adventure games. If there must be a menu, I want it in the world.
This game is currently unavailable